Join Studio B
You'll get exclusive deals, the latest info and a special welcome gift when you join. Trust us, it's worth it.
Now trending on Twitter. Let's talk.
Where we like to play and share.RSS Blog
With all of the excitement of The DUFF movie that was released last Friday (have you seen it yet, because it’s basically amazing!!), it took me back to my high school days. Although I remember high school much more differently then how it is now (and I’m not even that old!) We had social media but it was only Myspace or AIM chat, and smart phones were really non-existent or at least no one in high school had them yet, I think the BlackBerry and Motorola RAZR were the cool phones! Shoot, I was lucky enough to finally get a phone with a camera my junior year!! The iPhone wasn’t even released until June of 2007!!
So I decided to ask some of the team here at Blowfish Shoes a few questions about their High School experience! I even got a few of them to send me a photo of them from High School!!! Funny thing about getting these photos too, majority of the team had to give me prints of photos due to them not having digital, too funny!!
What year did you graduate: 1998
What was your favorite tv show: SNL, Daria
How many best friends did you have: 2
What was your “label”: jock
Did you have a secret crush: it changed weekly...lol
What year did you graduate:....'74
What was your favorite tv show:...Star Trek
How many best friends did you have:...2
What was your “label”: beach bum
Did you have a secret crush: ....no, I let the ones I had crushes on know. ( so not a secret)
What year did you graduate: 2000
What was your favorite tv show: Breaker High, Star Trek Voyager, Friends
How many best friends did you have: 2 – Jessica and Crystal
What was your “label”: We didn’t really have defined groups at our school, but I was an athletic bookworm.
Did you have a secret crush: Hahaha, yes, but it wasn’t much of a secret…
What year did you graduate: 2004
What was your favorite tv show: Spongebob Squarepants & Sex in the City
How many best friends did you have: 20 or more
Did you have a secret crush: Usher & J-Boog (from B2K)
What year did you graduate: 2007
What was your favorite tv show: I didn’t watch TV much but I think Family Guy, American Idol & music videos on MTV
How many best friends did you have: I think every year in High School I had a new set of “Best Friends” but stayed good friends with all of them
What was your “label: I went to a small High School and there weren’t exactly “labels” I was friends with at least one or two people out of every “group”
Did you have a secret crush: Oh yes I did! But he switched high schools my junior year….but I have since told him he was my secret crush! And he's the one in the photo with me below!
What year did you graduate: Year 2000 (we finish high school at 16 back in the UK!)
What was your favorite tv show: Saved By The Bell, Fresh Prince of Bel Air, Home & Away, Sabrina the Teenage Witch
How many best friends did you have: Lotssssssss. Probably too many now lookin' back!
What was your “label”: Most Easygoing! (We didn't have these in HS in the UK so I've just labeled myself lol)
Did you have a secret crush: They weren't secret! Haha!
What year did you graduate: Class of 06!
What was your favorite tv show: 106 and Park
How many best friends did you have: Just one best friend
What was your “label”: I was the popular girl in high school…not to toot my own horn
Did you have a secret crush: Nope! I basically had a Boyfriend all through high school
What year did you graduate: 2001
What was your favorite tv show: I was way into Must See TV Shows: Friends/Seinfeld/Will & Grace etc
How many best friends did you have: I was friends with everybody, with a handful of besties
What was your “label”: I mostly ran with the Hippy/Artist crowd
Did you have a secret crush: Constantly. I had a bf too ;)
I’d love for you to answer these questions in the comments!!! Don’t forget to go see The DUFF in theaters now!! Watch the trailer here >>> http://youtu.be/-VEulESFvpQ
SOOOOO excited to announce that we are hosting THE coolest sweepstakes!! We are giving you a chance to win $500 worth of Blowfish Shoes AND a hometown screening of The DUFF Movie for you and 50 of your closest friends!!!
I mean come on, how cool is this?!?!
The sweepstakes will run from today, February 13, 2015 to March 5, 2015 with the winner being chosen on March 6, 2015. Simply “Like” both Blowfish Shoes & The DUFF’s Facebook pages and enter through our Facebook page for your chance to win! Be sure to let your friends and family know! Maybe they’ll split the shoes with you ;)
And make sure to follow all of The DUFF’s social spaces to see what the cast is up to, behind the scene photos & much more!
A list of the Official Rules can be found below:
Win a Hometown Screening of The DUFF Movie & $500 of Blowfish Shoes Sweepstakes
(Effective February 13, 2015)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. U.S. LAW AND LOCAL LAWS AS APPLICABLE IN EACH JURISDICTION GOVERN THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Win a Hometown Screening of The DUFF Movie & $500 of Blowfish Shoes Sweepstakes Rules The Sweepstakes (as defined below) is open only to participants (each an “Entrant”, collectively “Entrants”) who are eighteen (18) years or older, or age of majority in their jurisdiction, whichever is older, as of the effective date above, who are lawful residents of the United States, excluding Alaska, Hawaii and Rhode Island. All Entrants must have a valid Facebook user account. Officers, directors, members, managers and employees (and members of their households or immediate families, i.e., parents, children, spouses, siblings, grandparents, the step-parents, step-children, and step-siblings of each and persons residing in such immediate family members' households) of the sponsor of the Sweepstakes, Blowfish, LLC and Blowfish Direct, LLC (collectively, “Sponsor”), and/or CBS Films Inc. (“CBS”), and their respective parent, related, affiliated and subsidiary companies, all other entities involved in the creation, administration, or fulfillment of the “Win a Hometown Screening of The DUFF Movie & $500 of Blowfish Shoes” (the “Sweepstakes”) and their respective successors and assigns are not eligible to enter or win. Participation constitutes full and unconditional agreement to these official rules ("Rules" and this document, the “Agreement”). Sponsor’s and CBS's decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. TIMING: The Sweepstakes begins on February 13, 2015, at 7:00 a.m. Pacific Standard Time ("PST") and ends on March 5, 2015, at 11:59pm PST (the "Sweepstakes Period"). For purposes of these Rules all times are PST. Sponsor reserves the right to adjust start and end times for the Sweepstakes Period at any time with or without notice.
3. HOW TO ENTER: During the Sweepstakes Period, Entrants will log on to facebook.com and (a) “like” both the Blowfish Shoes Facebook page, located at https://www.facebook.com/blowfishshoes, and The DUFF’s Facebook page, located at https://www.facebook.com/theduffmovie, and (b) enter Entrant’s name, date of birth and email address where indicated. Only one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes per email address is permitted.
4. HOW TO WIN: One (1) winner of the Sweepstakes will be selected among all valid Entrants at random. The winner will be selected on March 6, 2015.
5. PRIZE: The winner will receive (a) one hometown (at a location to be determined by Sponsor and/or CBS) screening of The Duff Movie for the winner and fifty (50) friends of winner, and (b) five hundred US dollars ($500) worth of Blowfish shoes, net of sales tax (if any). Total value of the prize is one thousand US dollars ($1,000) approximate retail value (ARV).
All potential Sweepstakes winners will be notified by or on behalf of Sponsor or CBS via email. The prize will be awarded upon verification that all Sweepstakes requirements have been met by the potential winner. The prize must be accepted as awarded and no substitution, transfer, conversion or assignment of the prize will be allowed, unless at the sole discretion of the Sponsor and/or CBS which may substitute the prize of comparable or greater value if the prize becomes unavailable. The potential winner will have forty-eight (48) hours from the time Sponsor or CBS (or their respective affiliate) sends notification to
accept and complete the official winner notification email requests before receipt of the prize.
If potential winner does not claim the prize by responding to notification within forty-eight (48) hours or if potential winner is deemed ineligible, potential winner forfeits the prize. All potential winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Rules; and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner by randomly selecting from among all remaining eligible entries. Alternate winners are subject to all requirements set forth in these Rules. Odds of winning cannot be determined since number of entries is not capped.
The prize of five hundred US dollars ($500) worth of Sponsor shoes (the “Shoe Prize Value”) must be redeemed at one (1) time only, by selecting shoes from the Sponsor website only, www.blowfishshoes.com, and cannot be redeemed over time. Once the potential winner claims the prize as set forth above, that winner will have thirty (30) calendar days to select the desired shoes from the Sponsor website, in an amount not to exceed the Shoe Prize Value, and provide the winner’s selected shoes to the Sponsor contact as Sponsor shall instruct the winner. If the winner fails to select the Sponsor shoes as set forth in this section 5, the winner forfeits the prize.
Claiming a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
THE WINNER IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH
THE RECEIPT THE PRIZE.
6. RELEASE; PUBLICITY: By participating in this Sweepstakes, all Entrants (and in particular, the winner) agree to release and to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Sponsor, CBS and each of their respective related companies, and all of its or their respective officers, directors, members, managers, employees and agents (individually and collectively, the "Released Parties") for any liability, injury, death, loss or damages to Entrant or any person or entity, including without limitation damage to personal or real property, caused in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by participation in this Sweepstakes (or related activities) or the acceptance or use of the prize. Except where prohibited, participation in this Sweepstakes constitutes Entrant's (and in particular, winner's) consent to Sponsor’s, CBS’s and/or their respective employees’ and agents' use of Entrant's name, likeness, voice, opinions and biographical information for publicity, advertising, trade or promotional purposes in any media or manner, now known or hereafter devised, worldwide, without further payment, consideration, notice or approval.
ERROR-FREE, WILL OPERATE WITHOUT INTERRUPTION, OR ARE COMPATIBLE WITH ALL EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE CONFIGURATIONS.
8. PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes Entrant's (and in particular, winner's) consent to Sponsor and CBS and/or their respective employees and agents' use of Entrant's name, likeness, voice, opinions and biographical information for publicity, advertising, trade or promotional purposes in any media or manner, now known or hereafter devised, worldwide, without any payment, consideration, notice or approval.
9. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION:
(a) No purchase necessary to enter or win. Void where prohibited. Open to residents of the United States only, excluding Alaska, Hawaii and Rhode Island. All federal, state, local, and municipal laws and regulations apply. Any Entrant suspected of tampering with or disrupting any aspect of the Sweepstakes will be disqualified. All decisions of Sponsor and CBS are final. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each Entrant agrees to be bound by these Rules as well as the decisions of Sponsor and/or CBS, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes, just as if you had signed this Agreement.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to Sponsor, CBS and woobox.com and not to Facebook.
(b) Sponsor and/or CBS reserves their respective rights, in their sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate, and/or suspend the Sweepstakes and to disqualify any Entrant or other individual who tampers with the entry process, violates these Rules, or acts in a disruptive or unsportsmanlike manner. Without limiting the foregoing, Sponsor and/or CBS may lock out an Entrant who, in Sponsor and/or CBS's sole judgment, has been disqualified, has questionable eligibility or is otherwise ineligible to enter.
(c) Any use of robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods will void all such entries and Sponsor and/or CBS reserves the right to nullify any and all such entries and to disqualify from the Sweepstakes the responsible Entrant. Any attempt by an Entrant to enter the Sweepstakes more than the number of times authorized herein using multiple names, email addresses, phone numbers and/or any other fraudulent mechanism, as determined by Sponsor and/or CBS in their sole discretion, shall give Sponsor and/or CBS the right to disqualify such Entrant as Sponsor and/or CBS determine in their sole discretion. CAUTION: A PERSON WHO ATTEMPTS DELIBERATELY TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR TO ALTER OR DAMAGE A WEBSITE MAY BE SUBJECT TO CIVIL AND/OR CRIMINAL PENALTIES AND FINES; AND SPONSOR AND CBS EACH RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
(d) Incidents. Without limiting the foregoing, Sponsor and CBS may each modify, cancel, terminate, and/or suspend the Sweepstakes if, in Sponsor’s and/or CBS's sole opinion, an incident of any kind occurs to corrupt or impair the administration, security, integrity, fairness or play (as intended) of the Sweepstakes, including without limitation: (a) viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, fraud or technical failure; or (b) earthquake, flood, fire, storm or other natural disaster, act of God; or (c) labor controversy or threat thereof, civil disturbance or commotion, disruption of the public markets, war or armed conflict (whether or not officially declared).
(e) Cancellation. In the event of a cancellation or termination, the prize may be awarded in any manner deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor and/or CBS.
10. DISPUTES/CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited, each Entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in the State of California, Los Angeles County, City of Los Angeles; (2) any and all
claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including without limitation lost profits may be awarded (collectively, "Special Damages"), and (4) Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased. California law, without reference to California's choice of law rules, governs the Sweepstakes and all aspects related thereto, the participants expressly waiving any other forum that they may be entitled to in light of their current or future domiciles.
11. OFFICIAL RULES; WINNERS LISTS: For a copy of the Rules and/or list of winners, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to the address below or request a copy via email at Customerservice1@blowfishshoe.com. Requests must be received within thirty (30) days following the end of the Win a Hometown Screening of The DUFF Movie & $500 of Blowfish Shoes Sweepstakes.
Win a Hometown Screening of The DUFF Movie & $500 of Blowfish Shoes Sweepstakes Blowfish LLC
1042 Princeton Drive, Suite A
I realize that it's already halfway through January, but I believe it's never too late to make yourself a vision board, which is exactly what I've done for 2015! I've made vision boards before for new room decor inspiration, working out, a new job, anything that I need some inspiration for! They are super simple to make and are a fun, eye catcher when hung on a wall!
For your 2015 vision board, gather your supplies which include magazines, scissors, glue, and a foamboard (I got mine from the dollar store & cut it in half!) & start clipping things out of the magazine that you see fit.
I found that I was cutting out mostly words & phrases so I went back and starting cutting out more imagery to fill in those larger blank spaces!
I highly recommend laying out the images on your board before glueing!! I ended up moving a few things around here & there and was so glad nothing was glued down yet!
Ta-Da!!! This is my completed 2015 Vision Board!! This year for me is all about working out & finally hitting my weight loss goal, saving money to buy a home (I couldn't find a photo of a house in any of my magazine, weird right?!), spending more time with my girlfriends, being outside much more including riding bikes, hiking, fishing, drinking more tea, working on my photography skills, going to some country concerts and overall just loving & enjoying my life & working on loving myself!!
I'm encouraging all of you to make yourself a 2015 vision board & I would looovvee to see them!! Show us your photos via Facebook.com/BlowfishShoes!! Let's make 2015 one of the best years yet!!!
Thanks for reading!!
Well I know the Holiday's are done & over with but our B.Log was not letting me log in to do any posts, buuuutttt it finally works!!!! So, here's a late post!
Well I know the Holiday's are done & over with but our B.Log was not letting me log in to do any posts, buuuutttt it finally works!!!! So, here's a late post!
I can not believe that 2014 has just flown by!! It was such a great year for us here at Blowfish Shoes and we want to thank all of our fans & customers who helped make it such an amazing year!!
We had our office Holiday Party at Tavern in Brentwood, CA! The food was to die for and the atmosphere was so lovely! We all had such a great time (some are even saying it was our best Holiday Party yet)!!
I’ve included some photos below so you can feel like you were there too!
AND THE BEST ONE OF ALL:
We hope that you all had an amazing holiday season and are back to the grind for 2015! It's going to be a great year, I can feel it!!!
So I am the biggest bargain hunter I know! I have such a hard time spending loads of money on clothes & everyday items when I know I can go to the swap meet and get it for like half the price if not less!! This past Sunday I headed over to the Santa Fe Springs Swap Meet in sunny California to find a few specific things for my Hawaii trip (which is next Wednesday, gahhhh!!!!) I was sad I wasn’t able to find a see through wrap around skirt for my bathing suit…maybe I can just buy some fabric and make my own! I took some photos along the way to show you some of the crazy deals & crazy things being sold!!
I could not believe how cheap they were selling shoes for!
I gave myself a budget of $60 and ended up only spending $30!! (includng admission for myself and boyfriend which was $3 total)
I got two headbands, a pair of sunglasses, a long necklace, a maxi skirt, airwick fresheners, two bubbles (for our Spring photo shoot happeneing this week) and a hanging plant (not photographed). Overall I'd say it was a successful day at the swap meet! I mean, $27 for all of this....score!!